Saturday, December 27, 2014

Welcome To My New Blog!

     It's a strange thing when you have no outlet for the things you wish to say. It's even more strange to have others urging you to find that outlet. Two years ago, I never would have imagined anyone wishing to hear my thoughts on subjects involving woodlore and bushcraft, and now I am consulted on an almost daily basis.
     When I asked why I'm being asked so many questions I was faced with an over whelming answer; "Jeffy, we just don't hear enough of what you actually think."
     My return answer was, "That's because I have no outlet of my own."
     In all honesty, I prefer the old media of stories and conversation by the fire side. A few friends talking, with no agenda, and friendly debate over facets of topics left to internal deliberation during the long, daily grind.
     I reflect now on memories made over hot cups of Chaga tea, temperatures low, the radiant heat from the long fire warming my shins, and breath misting from my mouth and nose. The trails of the day complete, and the coziness of my shelter awaiting my consent to slumber, only to be denied due to my addiction to the pleasures of companionship of the like minded.
     For those that really do care what crawls around inside my cranium, I hope I don't disappoint.
      Safe journeys!
           ~Jeffy~    

3 comments:

  1. I have high hopes for you Jeffy, and the CFSR crew, and am genuinely excited to be along for the ride. Kindest regards from Wv. -- Jonathan Linville

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to hear more of your knowledge and opinions on bushcraft and woodlore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Jeffy! Looking forward to more reading and learning!

    ReplyDelete